I am embarrassed to admit that prior to receiving this flashlight for review purposes, I didn't even have one in the house. It was certainly not because I didn't feel it was necessary. In fact, it was always necessary just in case but every time I needed it, I either couldn't find it or the batteries were dead.
I was happy to review the AYL LED CREE XP-E Car Flashlight.
About the AYL LED CREE XP-E Car Flashlight
- It features a rugged and high quality military-grade design for durability and versatility. It can be used in a variety of applications which include cars, bikes, home, etc.
- The flashlight comes with an anodized aluminium body which is resistant to various elements of weather
- It is powered by 3 AAA batteries (not included)
- It is quite versatile and comes with a total of 29 LEDS (18 white LEDs and 11 red LED)
- It comes in a user-friendly design. It features a magnetic base that can be stuck on any metallic surface
- It comes with 3 light options; Cree, White, and flashing Red LED for improved visibility
- The bulbs can last for more than 100,000 hours
- Easy operation: 1st click turns the CREE LED, 2nd click lights-up the 18 white LED, while 3rd click turns on RED LED
Upon opening, I did notice that the product did not come with the batteries needed to use it. Not that big of a deal but it would have been nice to use it straight out of the box. The flashlight has a nice sturdy feeling to it but it is pretty lightweight. I love how easy it is to use!
There is a little push button and with each push of the button, you get a different set of light(s). The first being the CREE LED, the second being the 18 white LED on the side and the third, turns on a flashing red signal.
The CREE LED is no joke! It is very bright! The visibility is fantastic and not your "typical" yellow flashlight color that basically is worthless when trying to see something in the dark.
I haven't had the chance or need to use the other 2 sets of lights. While this can be an in the house flashlight, it would also be fantastic to keep in the car. At the base, is a magnet. This allows for easy use both in and outside of the home without having to hold the flashlight. The 18 white LED lights on the side would be a great idea to use while working under the hood of the car completely hands free.
The red LED lights flash when engaged. This would be a great thing to have in the car in case of a breakdown so that other cars could see you or know that you need some help. With the magnetic base, you can leave it on the side of your car and get back in the car where it's safer.
After having the chance to use this flashlight, I believe every house and car should have one.
You can purchase this at Amazon.com
RULES - You must be 18 or older to enter and live in the US. Giveaway ends 4/5/15 at 11:59 pm eastern time. Giveaway winner will be picked at random via GT Widget and will be emailed. Winner will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen.
Disclosure: I received a complementary sample in order to facilitate a review. No other compensation was received. Any and all opinions are honest and my own but may vary from yours. Giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or any other social media site.