Summer time has meant a break for the kids and for us parents. Many children go to Summer camps or other lengthy trips away from home. While kids will certainly enjoy their time away at camp, they will also likely get homesick. This is normal but how can we as parents let them know that we are thinking about them?
Gourmet Gift Baskets has just the solution. They offer many care package ideas including ones geared towards children. Whether you want to send a box with crafts to keep them busy or whether you want to send a box with yummy treats, they have you covered.
I recently received their Gluten Free Care Package for myself and my daughter to check out.
Here is what the care package contained (list and information credit goes to GourmetGiftBaskets.com)
• - 5.25 oz. -Chocolate lovers beware: you will fall in love with these cookies! These gluten free goodies are sure to become one of your new favorites.
• - 1.5 oz. - Organic potatoes are seasoned with a touch of sea salt and then cooked to perfection to deliver undeniable flavor and crunch.
• - 5 oz. - Premium peanuts that are drenched in buttery toffee and gently cooked in copper kettles until golden.
• - 1.69 oz. - These all natural, gluten free apple chips are baked to perfection with just the right balance of tart and sweet that you get with granny smith apples.
• - 4 oz. - Crunchy potato sticks that are lightly seasoned with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper and baked until crisp.
• - 8 oz. - Sweet, golden brown brittle handmade the old fashioned way with premium, extra large peanuts
• - 5 oz. - Seasoned with a touch of sea salt, these gluten-free snack crackers are simply delicious and pair perfectly with cheese, soup, or dip.
• - 1.6 oz. - Be transported to the tropics with this energy packed bar full of premium tropical fruit and nuts.
• - 2.17 oz. - These delicious candies are coated with a sweet colorful candy shell.
• - 5 oz. - Chewy candies in classic fruit flavors that everyone loves.
• - 1.6 oz. - A healthy and delicious gluten free snack bar composed of real dried fruits and creamy almonds.
• - 3.5 oz. - Sweet and sour come together in these fun, bite-sized candies.
• - 3 oz. - An elegant treat of large Virginia peanuts that are drenched in rich, velvety chocolate.
What an assortment! We tried everything and while we enjoyed some items more than others, there was nothing in the box that we absolutely disliked. My daughters most favorite was the 3 types of candy as they were familiar to her. The Skittles, Mike & Ike and Sour Patch Kids are on her top list of candy favorites so they were a sure hit. Beyond those, she loved the Great Granny Apple Chips and Lucy's Cookies. The apple chips are a crunchy and sweet way to eat apples for a snack. The Lucy's cookies taste amazing for gluten free. I wouldn't have known just by taste. The peanut brittle is fantastic too.
Gourmet Gift Baskets has many different types of gift baskets and care packages geared to just about anyone you need a gift for. I would highly recommend checking them out the next time you need a gift for that special someone.
Disclosure: I received a complementary sample to help facilitate my review. No other compensation was received. Any and all thoughts are honest, my own and are not swayed in any way.